the mafia capital of sicilia πŸ™ˆ

Wednesday, May 1, 2024 

First things first- 
"If we give our heart to God, if we love the Lord Jesus Christ, if we do the best we can to live the gospel, then tomorrow—and every other day—is ultimately going to be magnificent, even if we don’t always recognize it as such." -President Holland 

THIS IS SO TRUE and I testify of it! Life is so beautiful you guys. And with the gospel of Jesus Christ I have found an inward peace and happiness that is incomparable. This gospel is JOY. Jesus Christ is JOY. this life is JOYFUL! Trials are always going to come- they are critical for our self-improvement. But with the Savior on our side we can do hard things and we can find happiness despite and even IN the struggle. Turn to the Savior today. Don't wait, don't delay- allow His joy to enter your life! Email me if you want to talk more about this. 🩷

This week we went to the city of Palermo for an exchange! Palermo is the mafia capital of Sicilia and on the other side of the island. For the 3 hour trip there we rode on a BOUJEE mercedes benz bus hahah and it was BEAUTIFUL outside the window. Rolling green hills, old italian farmhouses, windmills, the literally turquoise water of the ocean on one side of us- with a pastry and a window seat, I was freaking out more than just a little bit, not going to lie haha. Living in the city is fun but I think I'm definitely a country girl by heart. This earth is so incredibly beautiful. I have been absolutely blown away the past 4 weeks. And I think the most incredible part is knowing the Creator of it all. We can ALL have a personal relationship with the Creator of this beautiful earth. He is our Father in Heaven. He loves us and knows our names! He created this place for US! How amazing is that?!? Ah I can't get over it. 

This week I was able to share La Prima Visione (The First Vision) for my first time in the mission to our friend Alice!! It was such a special experience. Whenever you share Joseph Smith's account the Spirit is so so powerful. Also her and our other friend Francesca said that my Italian is improving!!!πŸŽ‰πŸ˜²πŸ₯³
-sorella hartshorn (senior couple) made us peanut butter cookies πŸ₯²πŸ™ blessings. 
-went door knocking for my first time WAHOO!! it's so funny how it works in Italy (I'm sure other countries are like this too) but instead of actually knocking on the door, you press the intercom button and they either talk to you through that or come out on the balcony above you and you talk to them that way! It was fun!  
-We went to a lesson and on the way saw this random parade thing of all these people dressed up! Italy is so cool and also so funny and random all at the same time I love it. 

Happy May everybody!! This month in our mission is "Miracle May" as we are seeking and expecting miracles! Get ready for some stories because the work of the Lord is MOVING and I love being a part of it! 
 
Sending Love, 
Sorella McCune 

Pictures: 


cool parade thing!
my first street I door knocked
Sorella Tucker-Pike and McCune en route to Palermo
en route to Palermo
My CITTA!! i'm obsessed
arancine and theatere in Palermo

beautiful drive
My CITTA!! i'm obsessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday, February 17: SONO UNA MISSIONARIA?!?!