Colomba Bianca🕊

Wednesday, 24 April 2024

Happy Wednesday all! 

Some weeks are easier than others, and with all honesty: this one was on the tougher side. But this is the Lord's work and I feel His strength and your prayers every day! Thank you🙏

I've always had a strong testimony that God's hand is in the details of our lives but it is so cool to see it ever more present here in the mission field, in my life and the lives of others! 
Tender Mercies this week: 
1) Colomba Bianca. There is an evangelical church next to our chapel (sometimes we have mix ups and our friends go there on accident whoops😅) and in the basement of the church is my favorite pizza restaurant called Colomba Bianca!! The waitress is named Anna and she is so kind and loves talking to us. This week she asked us what our favorite Christian singers are and I said Lauren Daigle and she said no way I love her too!! We talked about our favorite songs by her and then she put on my favorite song "You Say" over the loudspeaker of the restaurant and turned it up loud! A sweet little pick-me-up for the day:) 

2) I GOT MY FIRST "IN GAMBA". My teacher in the mtc told us about this and said it's the goal haha; it basically means "you just get it" or "you're in tune" idk haha basically just you're cool lol. Anyway I did a musical number on the pianoforte in sacrament meeting and you would've thought I was mozart haha the amount of people who came up to me afterward haha. And one brother said "Sei in gamba" !!!!! Wahoo I'm in gamba you guys!!!! 

3) Whiteboarding!! Not going to lie, I don't think I've ever done something quite as humbling as this hahaha. Walking down center street holding a giant whiteboard that says "I'm learning Italian! Practice with me"🫠 doesn't sound super duper confidence building hahaha but I'm telling you guys- it works SO WELL. Sooo many people talked to us and were so nice!! A lot of people treated us like celebrities too and wanted pictures with us haha, it was a fun time. And then there was a BEAUTIFUL sunset and a guy singing ed sheeran and playing the guitar on the street and we got gelato- it was a dream. 

4) English Course. We taught the advanced class this week and it's so fun because we basically just chat; they all speak great English! We asked them the question "what is your favorite thing to cook and why?" and ah man I wish you could've heard them go on and on about their favorite foods hahah! The stigma that Italians are passionate about their food is SO REAL and I just love it!! At the end for our spiritual thought we talked about different names of Christ and we asked them what are some of their favorite names of Christ. It was so cool to see: each of these people from different backgrounds who have read different books and worshipped in different ways and still have such a love and deep appreciation for our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

I know Christ is the Prince of Peace and the Savior of the world. I add my testimony to the apostles who wrote in The Living Christ of "His matchless life and the infinite virtue of His great atoning sacrifice. None other has had so profound an influence upon all who have lived and will yet live upon the earth." Grazie a Lui, possiamo crescere ogni giorno e diventare le persone che il nostro Padre Celeste ci vuole diventare. 
Vi voglio bene!! (I love you all!) 

🫡Sorella McCune
 
 
 
pistacchio pizza (again🫠)
 
Mt. Etna (beauty👑)
 
le mare (the sea!!)

 zone conference last week!
 

The gym of a local University in Catania

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday, February 17: SONO UNA MISSIONARIA?!?!